Food Service Manager - St. Mary's High School<< Back to Job Postings << Search Job Postings
Position: Management ☒ Cook/Culinary ☐ Other ☐
Initial Posting Date: June 30, 2021 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Food Service Manager
Location: St. Mary’s High School
Shift: Days (weekends and/or evenings as needed for any events)
Public Schools ☐ Private School ☒ College ☐ Residence ☐ Business ☐
- Determine operational needs, level of service and changes in service to meet or exceed customer and administrators satisfaction (via communication with all parties and superiors)
- Develop effective menu’s to meet the operation’s needs, with food production charted and leftover foods accounted for
- Produce and/or supervise production of all food items daily
- Cross train staff with regard to operational procedures, health and safety issues and sanitation with the goal of creating an effective and efficient operation and work environment
- Hire and manage staff; recruit, interview, hire, schedule and evaluate employees
- Assist with development of Budget; Analyze and monitor costs for fiscal control; monitor receivables, payables and cash to provide fiscal responsibility
- Order food, supplies and equipment to meet the needs of operational and contractual goals, while practicing fiscal responsibility
- Logistics planning; food transport to various points of service and/or venues
- Cash controls
- Effectively communicate and administrate: provide essential personnel information to corporate; prepare and execute inventory, payroll, sales reports, ledger and P & L forms; prepare reports as necessary for administrators.
- Monitor and supervise operation: frequently inspect all work, storage, serving, production and administrative areas to determine that food and physical safety regulations and directives are met.
- Improve self through advanced education, knowledge, skills, abilities and experience in all aspects of foodservice industry
Weekly Status: Full Time ☒ Part Time ☐
Yearly Status: School Year ☒ Full Year ☐
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Culinary Degree, Bachelor’s degree in food service management, food & nutrition, business management, or in lieu of degree a minimum of 5 years experience in institutional/commercial food operation in a capacity with increasing food service supervisory positions/responsibilities.