Chef Manager - St. Mary's High School<< Back to Job Postings << Search Job Postings
Chef Manager - St. Mary's High School
This position is for a Cook/Chef Manager located at our client, St. Mary's High School. This position will work Monday through Friday with a shift of approx 6a to 2:30p.
Purpose of the Chef Manager Job:
To deliver professional food and service in a courteous environment using current food trends; participate fully in producing quality food/menu products, achieving strong financial results and creating a proactive, team-oriented environment throughout Personal Touch.
Impact of the Chef Manager Job:
If this job is performed well, it generates strong customer/administrators satisfaction from quality, tasty foods, positive financial results, and account retention, and a positive public image. In addition, if this job is performed well, the incumbent will be satisfied and may advance into another position of challenge and reward. All jobs in the company are affected by this position due to its impact on personnel and customer satisfaction, and hence, the bottom line.
Jobs this person is formally responsible for supervising: Cooks, Kitchen Prep, Food Service Staff and Kitchen Aides
Routine Decisions Made:
Production planning/portion control, menu planning, scheduling, ordering food and supplies, maintaining equipment, pricing services, making personnel decisions, and handling decisions related to food production, catering/special functions, promotions and pleasing customers.
Responsibilities and Tasks of the Chef Manager:
- Determine operational needs, level of service and changes in service to meet or exceed customer and administrators satisfaction (via communication with all parties and superiors)
- Develop effective menu’s to meet the operation’s needs, with food production charted and leftover foods accounted for
- Produce and/or supervise production of all food items daily
- Cross train staff with regard to operational procedures, health and safety issues and sanitation with the goal of creating an effective and efficient operation and work environment
- Hire and manage staff; recruit, interview, hire, schedule and evaluate employees
- Assist with development of Budget; Analyze and monitor costs for fiscal control; monitor receivables, payables and cash to provide fiscal responsibility
- Order food, supplies and equipment to meet the needs of operational and contractual goals, while practicing fiscal responsibility
- Logistics planning; food transport to various points of service and/or venues.
- Cash controls
- Effectively communicate and administrate: provide essential personnel information to corporate; prepare and execute inventory, payroll, sales reports, ledger and P & L forms; prepare reports as necessary for administrators.
- Monitor and supervise operation: frequently inspect all work, storage, serving, production and administrative areas to determine that food and physical safety regulations and directives are met.
- Improve self through advanced education, knowledge, skills, abilities and experience in all aspects of foodservice industry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Cooking, preparation
- fiscal controls
- effective marketing/presentation
- general nutrition
- human relations/diplomacy
- institutional equipment
- fiscal management
- ability to read, write and perform basic math at a high school graduate level
- effective problem solving
- adaptability and learning
Physical Requirements of the Chef Manager:
Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking; must be able to exert well paced mobility to move quickly to different areas of the operation as demands arise.
Education/Experience Requirements of the Chef Manager:
Culinary Degree, Bachelor’s degree in food service management, food & nutrition, business management, or in lieu of degree a minimum of 5 years experience in institutional/commercial food operation in a capacity with increasing food service supervisory positions/responsibilities.
Must have good personal hygiene and adhere to corporate dress policy. Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise. Position frequently involves long hours and widely diverse duties.
Must love food business and dealing with people!
Job Type: Full-time