Cook / Server - Kids Escaping Drugs<< Back to Job Postings << Search Job Postings
This listing is for a Cook/Server position located at our client, Kids Escaping Drugs. This is considered a full time position working Sunday through Thursday with shift hours of 9:30a - 6:00p.
The Cook/Server establishes and oversees the kitchen work flow at his/her assigned unit to ensure that meals are prepared in an efficient and effective manner. This position is additionally responsible for receiving supplies, verifying delivery quantity and quality, and ensuring all supplies are stored appropriately in accordance with health and safety regulations. Will also contribute to the orderly and efficient distribution of prepared foods and as well as creating a positive customer experience. This position is a front line representative to answer questions regarding daily menu items and options availability and should begin each meal period prepared accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for planning and executing overall food preparation including defining the required steps for successful food preparation and delegating responsibilities appropriately to kitchen staff.
· Sample, smell and evaluates food to ensure conformance to recipes and standards of taste and appearance.
· Be knowledgeable of quality standards and required portion sizes and ensure food is served in compliance with both.
· Maintain an awareness of the physical location and productivity of all kitchen staff throughout their shift to ensure each employee stays on task with his/her individual responsibility.
· Ensure appropriate supply levels and maintained through effective ordering and inventory monitoring
· Responsible for inventory control including ordering food and supplies and effectively utilize food surplus to capitalize on investments made and control costs.
· Complete and maintain accurate daily production records as well as inventory files.
· Monitor all elements of the kitchen environment including the storage temperature of all food products; the temperature of water in dish machine and; and cooler and freezer temperature on a daily basis. Maintain environmental records as necessary.
· Responsible for sanitary conditions in all work areas that meet or exceed health department requirements.
· At the end of shift, check the entire facility for cleanliness of physical plant and all equipment. Verify that all security measures are in tack to guard against theft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of All Personal Touch Employees
- The philosophy at Personal Touch includes providing all customers with memorable service. The service provided by every person at our company touches multiple customers both internally and externally. All customers must be treated with courtesy and respect and every effort should be made to ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- Effective communication is key to customer service. It is the employee’s responsibility to refrain from profanity, harsh words, or derogatory/inappropriate comments and communicate in a business appropriate manner.
- Employee reliability is key to exceptional customer service. Productive attendance during your scheduled hours and timeliness are essential. If unable to work your scheduled shift, reporting requirements are outlined in the employee manual.
- The health and safety of our employees is of paramount importance at Personal Touch. Compliance with safety regulations and reporting all on-the-job accidents and injuries as outlined in the employee manual is required.
- The health and safety of our customers is also of paramount importance at Personal Touch. Compliance with health department regulations, sanitation requirements, and food safety training is required.
- Attitude is everything! Employees at Personal Touch are expected to maintain a positive “can do” attitude when communicating with internal and external customers. Any concerns regarding your position or problems you may experience in the workplace should be addressed privately with your supervisor.
· Occasional need to utilize personal vehicle to visit vendor facilities, corporate office, or other business-related locations.
· Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage.
Education and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Two to four years experience in the food service field with one year preferably in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of foodstuffs is essential with some food production experience necessary
- Must possess basic math skills, ability to handle money accurately and basic knowledge of cash registers
· Must be able to work at a moderate to fast pace
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour