This listing is for a full time Cook Supervisor position with Personal Touch Food Service, Inc located at our client, Jamestown Community College. This position is full time days with flexible scheduling to include evenings and weekends for various events hosted by JCC.
Purpose of the Cook Supervisor Job:
To deliver professional food and service in a courteous environment using current food trends; participate fully in producing quality food/menu products, achieving strong financial results and creating a proactive, team-oriented environment throughout Personal Touch.
Jobs this person is formally responsible for supervising: Cooks, Kitchen Prep, Food Service Staff and Kitchen Aides
Routine Decisions Made:
Production planning/portion control, menu planning, scheduling, ordering food and supplies, maintaining equipment, pricing services, making personnel decisions, and handling decisions related to food production, catering/special functions, promotions and pleasing customers.
Responsibilities and Tasks of the Cook Supervisor:
- Determine operational needs, level of service and changes in service to meet or exceed customer and administrators satisfaction (via communication with all parties and superiors)
- Develop effective menu’s to meet the operation’s needs, with food production charted and leftover foods accounted for
- Produce and/or supervise production of all food items daily
- Cross train staff with regard to operational procedures, health and safety issues and sanitation with the goal of creating an effective and efficient operation and work environment
- Hire and manage staff; recruit, interview, hire, schedule and evaluate employees
- Assist with development of Budget; Analyze and monitor costs for fiscal control; monitor receivables, payables and cash to provide fiscal responsibility
- Order food, supplies and equipment to meet the needs of operational and contractual goals, while practicing fiscal responsibility
- Logistics planning; food transport to various points of service and/or venues.
- Cash controls
- Effectively communicate and administrate: provide essential personnel information to corporate; prepare and execute inventory, payroll, sales reports, ledger and P & L forms; prepare reports as necessary for administrators.
- Monitor and supervise operation: frequently inspect all work, storage, serving, production and administrative areas to determine that food and physical safety regulations and directives are met.
- Improve self through advanced education, knowledge, skills, abilities and experience in all aspects of foodservice industry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Cooking, preparation
- fiscal controls
- effective marketing/presentation
- general nutrition
- human relations/diplomacy
- institutional equipment
- fiscal management
- ability to read, write and perform basic math at a high school graduate level
- effective problem solving
- adaptability and learning
Physical Requirements of the Cook Supervisor:
Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking; must be able to exert well paced mobility to move quickly to different areas of the operation as demands arise.
Education/Experience Requirements of the Cook Supervisor:
Culinary Degree, Bachelor’s degree in food service management, food & nutrition, business management, or in lieu of degree a minimum of 5 years experience in institutional/commercial food operation in a capacity with increasing food service supervisory positions/responsibilities.
Must have good personal hygiene and adhere to corporate dress policy. Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise. Position frequently involves long
hours and widely diverse duties.
Must love food business and dealing with people!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour