Ideal candidates will have highly developed organizational skills and have high volume catering experience. Interested candidates should review the job description and submit a resume and cover letter along with salary requirements for consideration.
Purpose and Impact of the Chef Manager Job:
To deliver professional food andservice in a courteous environment using current food trends; participate fullyin producing quality food/menu products, achieving strong financial results andcreating a proactive, team-oriented environment throughout Personal Touch. If this job is performed well, itgenerates strong customer/administrators satisfaction from quality, tastyfoods, positive financial results, and account retention, and a positive publicimage. In addition, if this job is performed well, the incumbent will besatisfied and may advance into another position of challenge and reward.
Jobs this person is formallyresponsible for supervising: Cooks, Kitchen Prep, Food Service Staff andKitchen Aides
Routine Decisions Made:
Production planning/portion control,menu planning, scheduling, ordering food and supplies, maintaining equipment,pricing services, making personnel decisions, and handling decisions related tofood production, catering/special functions, promotions and pleasing customers.
Responsibilities and Tasks of the ChefManager:
· Determineoperational needs, level of service and changes in service to meet or exceedcustomer and administrators satisfaction (via communication with all partiesand superiors)
· Develop effectivemenu’s to meet the operation’s needs, with food production charted and leftoverfoods accounted for
· Produce and/orsupervise production of all food items daily
· Cross train staffwith regard to operational procedures, health and safety issues and sanitationwith the goal of creating an effective and efficient operation and workenvironment
· Hire and managestaff; recruit, interview, hire, schedule and evaluate employees
· Assist withdevelopment of Budget; Analyze and monitor costs for fiscal control; monitorreceivables, payables and cash to provide fiscal responsibility
· Order food,supplies and equipment to meet the needs of operational and contractual goals,while practicing fiscal responsibility
· Logisticsplanning; food transport to various points of service and/or venues.
· Cash controls
· Effectivelycommunicate and administrate: provide essential personnel information tocorporate; prepare and execute inventory, payroll, sales reports, ledger and P& L forms; prepare reports as necessary for administrators.
· Monitor andsupervise operation: frequently inspect all work, storage, serving, productionand administrative areas to determine that food and physical safety regulationsand directives are met.
· Improve selfthrough advanced education, knowledge, skills, abilities and experience in allaspects of foodservice industry
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesRequired:
· fiscal controls
· general nutrition
· fiscal management
· ability to read,write and perform basic math at a high school graduate level
· effective problemsolving
· adaptability andlearning
Physical Requirements of the ChefManager:
Must be able to bend, stoop, andperform extensive walking; must be able to exert well paced mobility to movequickly to different areas of the operation as demands arise.
Education/Experience Requirements ofthe Chef Manager:
Culinary Degree, Bachelor’s degree infood service management, food & nutrition, business management, or in lieuof degree a minimum of 5 years experience in institutional/commercial foodoperation in a capacity with increasing food service supervisorypositions/responsibilities.
Must have good personal hygiene andadhere to corporate dress policy. Subject to wet floors, temperature extremesand excessive noise. Position frequently involves long hours and widely diverseduties.
Must love food business and dealingwith people!
Job Type: Full-time