This posting is for a position located at our client, Villa Maria Convent, in Buffalo, NY. We are currently looking for candidates to fill positions in our Food Service Worker position with duties as a cashier, server, dishwasher and/or line cook. The position will have varied shifts so ideal candidates will have flexibility with scheduling.
Summary of position: Our food service workers are considered a jack of all trades; they are cross trained to have the ability to work in various roles at their location. Most often, they assume one of the roles of either Cashier, Dish/Pot Washer, Food Prep and Server, but our employees can perform the duties (on an as needed basis) summarized below:
Essential Duties of the Cashiers:
- Responsible for accurately accounting for the collection of monies in payment of food products and meal plans:
- Verify the amount of money provided in the cash drawer at the beginning of his/her shift
- Check with Unit/Food Service Manager to determine any menu specials for the day or any item price changes
- Itemize and ring into the register all food and beverage item purchased by each customer and ensure accuracy of total
- Receive payment from customer and count change due back to the customer
- Collect cash or check payments for prepaid lunch programs and record payments according to procedure
- At some accounts locations, it may be required to count money and total checks in cash drawer at the end of shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of All Personal Touch Employees:
- The philosophy at Personal Touch includes providing all customers with memorable service. The service provided by every person at our company touches multiple customers both internally and externally. All customers must be treated with courtesy and respect and every effort should be made to ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- Effective communication is key to customer service. It is the employee’s responsibility to refrain from profanity, harsh words, or derogatory/inappropriate comments and communicate in a business appropriate manner.
- Personnel at Personal Touch are required to maintain a professional appearance at all times. This includes good hygiene; and, dressing in clean, neat, professional clothing or uniforms as required. Specific food service hygiene and dress code requirements are addressed separately in the employee manual.
- Employee reliability is key to exceptional customer service. Productive attendance during your scheduled hours and timeliness are essential. If unable to work your scheduled shift, reporting requirements are outlined in the employee manual.
- Continuous learning is a core requirement at Personal Touch. It is the company’s expectation that all employees are open to and engaged in professional growth opportunities including cross-training for other positions, teambuilding activities, and skills training programs offered by the company.
- The health and safety of our employees is of paramount importance at Personal Touch. Compliance with safety regulations and reporting all on-the-job accidents and injuries as outlined in the employee manual is required.
- The health and safety of our customers is also of paramount importance at Personal Touch. Compliance with health department regulations, sanitation requirements, and food safety training is required.
- Attitude is everything! Employees at Personal Touch are expected to maintain a positive “can do” attitude when communicating with internal and external customers. Any concerns regarding your position or problems you may experience in the workplace should be addressed privately with your supervisor.
- All employees should be aware that new or additional responsibilities outside the scope of this job description may be assigned by management as necessary.
- Knowledge of foodstuffs is essential with some food production experience necessary.
- Must be able to work at a moderate to fast pace.
- Must possess basic math skills
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.80 /hour